Flamingo Land is delighted to announce that we have entered a successful bid to become the first sponsor of the Scarborough Stadium.
This fantastic new facility will now be known as Flamingo Land Stadium which will change to Flamingo Land Coast Stadium when our new attraction is open on the Town’s South Bay.
Flamingo Land became the Stadiums new sponsor after a six figure sum and 5 year’s contract was accepted by the District Council. We continue to be passionate about the Town’s redevelopment and relish working with such a forward thinking Council Team. We hope that our financial commitment to the Stadium reflects this and demonstrates that Scarborough is a Town which is very much ‘on the up’.
“Football has always been intertwined with our history at Flamingo Land and we view the Town’s team returning to Scarborough as being ‘a dream come true’ that we are delighted to support” said Gordon Gibb, CEO at Flamingo Land Resort Yorkshire.
· Flamingo Land have sponsored Scarborough Football Clun in the 80’s and 90’s
· Flamingo Land sponsored both Hull FC and Middlesbrough FC when they were promoted to the Premier League last year 2015/16 season.
· Flamingo Land has also sponsored Leeds United Academy.
· Flamingo Land’s owner, Gordon Gibb saved Bradford City from extinction in 2002 when the Club was in Administration owing £35m and became the Country’s youngest Football League Chairman at 28.
· The Gibb’s still own Valley Parade stadium to this day
· Gordon Gibb’s father Robert was owner of Hamilton Academicals for 30 years until his death in a car crash in 1995 on his way to a Board Meeting.
· Flamingo Land are at an advanced stage in planning a new ‘world class’ visitor attraction in Scarborough.